Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Elf & Drugstore Haul/Review

I purchased some Elf products when they had a 50% off sale & I also stopped by my local Walgreens and purchased some stuff as well. I wanted to try all these products out before I gave my input on them, so here you go....

1) Elf Mineral Infused Face Primer
In my honest opinion, this is not the right primer for me. I have very oily skin and this product is best for someone with dry skin. I do like that it leaves my skin feeling really soft and gives me a good application for my foundation. The only thing I do not like is the consistency of the formula. It is extremely greasy. I do not recommend this product for people with oily skin, but works well for dry skin! This runs for $6 on www.eyeslipsface.com

2) Elf Makeup Mist & Set
I really like this product. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed right after I apply my makeup, and I will definitely be using more of this since the hot weather is coming! I find that I don't have to blot my skin or do touch ups throughout the day when I use this. $3 on www.eyeslipsface.com

3) Elf Kabuki Face Brush
For $5 this Kabuki Brush is great! The brissels are very soft on my skin. I use this once I'm done applying my makeup, to blend everything together as well as to set my makeup in place with a loose translucent powder. Definitely a great buy!


4) Elf Fan Brush & Eye Shadow Brushes
The fan brush is typically used for extra fallout when applying eyeshadows & such. I am not a big eyeshadow person, I hardly wear them so I decided to get some eyeshadow brushes to motivate me to wear different eyeshadows, and I have to say, it has not really worked for me haha. But these brushes are great anyway. $1 each.


5) Revlon Photo Ready Foundation
I really like this foundation, It is not completely full coverage but it still has a great coverage consistency. It glides on very smoothly and it does not feel so heavy on the skin. It gives my skin more of a glow which is nice but I have to remember that my skin is oily, so sometimes that does not work to my advantage. I like it but this is another product that is more compatible for girls with dry skin. It also has a pump which is great! $13.99 @ drugstores. I also got the concealer which I did love. I have scarring from previous acne and it does cover well.

6) Revlon Color Stay Liquid Eye Pen & Crayon Eyeliner
I purchased these which came together, the liquid eye pen came in 02 Black and the crayon eyeliner came in Charcoal. They are not as pigmented as I thought. I do find myself going over my eyeliner a couple of times until I finally find the shade I desired. $5.99 @ drugstores.

7) Revlon Nail Enamel in Minted
This is such a great color! I found myself reaching for this color numerous times after I purchased it. Two coats and I got this result, I also lasted about a week without getting a chip on my nail, which is also why I love nail polishes by Revlon aside from their gorgeous colors. $5 @ drugstores.

8) Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation
Ok so this has to be one of my favorite drug store foundations yet! I love that it leaves my face completely matte, but not to the point where it looks dry and dull. The application goes on very smoothly on my skin. The formula is whipped so once you apply it on, feels very light weight but gives the perfect coverage. $9.99 @ drugstores. I also purchased Dream Smooth Mousse but I will do a separate review on that because I got the wrong color so I will be exchanging that.

I also got some Revlon Color Stay Lip Glosses but I already featured those on my blog http://daliamchavez.blogspot.com/2011/03/revlon-color-stay-lip-gloss.html


Have you guys tried any of these products? Let me know what you guys think. Have a great week!
xx Dalia

4 comments:

  1. Boo! I really want to try that ELF primer, however we don't have ELF in australia. I'm looking for a primer right now but I have no money to spare so I really need it to be spot on!

    And I tried REVLON PHOTOREADY foundation... not cool hahah too much shimmers ! So yeah boo! I'm glad it worked for you though

    and the Revlon liquid eye pen which I am quite impressed with for $10 in Australia (on sale). However, it's not that great cause i can't top it over gel or liquid, etc. And yeah... I do find it quite good when using alone though :) Gives me a clean line and flick! so yay!!

    I haven't tried anything else besides those items ! :(

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Elf, they are one of my favorite brands. I just got a package from them with products i ordered when they had 20% off everything. I love that they are so affordable :)

    I have been wanting to try that Revlon foundation for the longest time now. Need to buy it online :)

    Xo Christine
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to try photoready but i've heard its really shimmery! but it's awesome that it covered your acne scarring, i need that too :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's actually not that bad, I don't even notice the shimmer. But I will definitely choose Revlon's colorstay foundation over photoready, hands down! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Greatly appreciated xoxo :)